Friday, September 28, 2012

Food Fridays: Dishes from the road

I'm not a big fan of doing full-on "meal reviews" like you would see in food blogs etc.  Frequently, when eating, I forget to stop what I'm doing and take pictures of the food.  My general inclination when handed a plate of food is to start digging in.  Despite this I do have a lot of pictures of food I've eaten while travelling that's either interesting or different or was really, really good. I'm going to start a (semi) regular feature on here: Food Fridays.

I thought I'd kick things off with a Hawaiian breakfast classic: Loco Moco



I ordered this at a food court restaurant in Waikiki.  It's basically white rice, a hamburger steak, and brown mushroom gravy topped with a sunny-side-up fried egg.  It was nothing fancy and, to be honest, nothing that should have been all that good.  In combination though it was excellent.

The key is to order the egg sunny side up so that you attain the maximum ooze factor.

No comments:

Sports Section